Heads of Department – MPR/UPR and TLR
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for an inspirational teacher and Head of Dept to join our brand-new school as part of the founding team. PA High is unique. It is one of the very few secondary schools where the incoming Y7 students and their families are already known to the school. This is because the vast majority of PA High’s students come from PACT primaries. As a founding member of the team, you will have the opportunity to shape the school community and your career at PA High as the school grows.
We are looking to appoint a leader who is energetic, committed, and excited about producing an outstanding generation of young people who will not only transform their own life chances but make the world a better place. We are a family of five schools with Prince Albert High School, our brand-new Secondary school, joining us in September 2021. We place bespoke professional development and support at the heart of all we do. We are relentless in the pursuit of excellence for all our stakeholders and firmly believe in the coaching model. Opening initially to Year 7 and then growing each year. Our mission is that through working together we aspire to achieve:
- an exceptional education for all our pupils in all our schools
- exceptional people – to have the best team working with and for our pupils, through investing in the growth and development of our staff.
- an exceptional infrastructure – to have buildings, equipment, systems, processes, and policies that enable excellent education.
- sustainability and growth – to be a resilient, nimble, and financially and environmentally sustainable organisation with sound financial management and strong governance.
to deliver our vision that ‘United we are world class.’
PA High will be structured so that KS3 will run like a middle school. This middle school model will be supported by an exceptional pastoral team with extensive knowledge of the students and their families.
We wish to appoint a middle leader who has the character, drive and skills to truly develop and then lead a world class department.
The successful candidate will be:
- A dynamic, inspirational, and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations of themselves and others
- An experienced teacher/leader with a proven record of success
- Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
- A role model for our students and staff
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic students, who are willing to learn
- An opportunity to be a historic founding member of staff at a truly unique school in an already exceptional MAT
- A highly supportive leadership team and executive team invested in your growth and professional development
- A working culture that promotes diversity, equality, and social justice
- A caring working environment where your welfare is of paramount importance
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards senior leadership in the future
- A well-resourced, hard -working and supportive team
- Excellent care and support for all staff
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for professional development
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
As a PACT employee you will have access to benefits listed below:
- Subsidised Private Health Care package
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discounts and cashback
- Free and confidential advice, information, and counselling service
- 2.5 well-being days
Please note CVs are not accepted. Only fully completed application forms are to be submitted for shortlisting. Application forms should be returned to HR@the-pact.co.uk. If you have any questions, please do get in touch.
Please review our Recruitment Pack on the school website before submitting your application. We are holding a Recruitment Fair virtually on Saturday 27th February 10.00 am -12.00 am. This is a fantastic opportunity for prospective applicants to find out more about what a career at PACT looks like. Register your attendance here:
Closing date: 09:00am on Friday 5th March 2021
The PACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to agree for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought for shortlisted candidate before interview.
Covid19: Due to recent Government restrictions, we continue to ensure that interviewing is managed in a safe, remote way.
We reserve the right to withdraw from this recruitment process at any given point.